Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ahhh Sheet!

I know we all have fears, you know, like fear of water, fear of heights or fear of Triscuits (for you Friends fans out there). But I live with a man that has a very strange fear and it is a fear of the top sheet...dun dun dun!

Every night we peacefully go to sleep in our nicely made bed, that I make with precision every morning. This is another confession of my OCDness. The bed has to be made! I cannot leave my house without the bed being made. My whole house can be a mess but if my bed is made somehow I have inner peace.

But something strange happens throughout the course of the night. Apparently my husband feels that the top sheet slowly crawls up his body to strangle him unbeknown to him, because the second he is out the war begins. First it begins with the normal tossing and turning, but then it gets down right ferocious. Somehow by the end of the night the top sheet and ONLY the top sheet is in a very snug little ball at the bottom of the bed, nearly on the floor. All of the other blankets are miraculously in tact, smooth as ever, keeping us warm and cozy.

Now I admit the top sheet can be very intimidating it is always crisp and cool when you get in bed and it can mysteriously sneak its way out of being tucked under your mattress. But I am sure that it means no harm. :)

Here's to my husband and my top sheet, may the two of you find friendship in the very NEAR future.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! Apparently your husband wins the battle though because it's not he who is curled in a ball at the bottom of the bed in the morning.

    ReplyDelete