Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mornings are pretty hectic around my house. I spend most of my morning running around trying to get Levi ready for school and getting myself ready for work. I wake up early so that I can be ready before Mason wakes up because once he wakes up I am running around trying to keep him out of the toilet, the bathtub, from playing with my cell phone and calling random people in my contacts, climbing into the kitchen sink and turning on the water, etc, etc.

Unfortunately I had more than usual going on this morning and Mason also decided to wake up early, as you can tell this is always a bad combination. Usually my cute, little, stinker is content to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a little bit while I finish getting ready. But for some reason lately he insists on having cereal put on the couch for him while he watches in the morning. A habit that my husband is not thrilled about, so this morning I was strong and did not put little dry pieces of Kix or Cheerios on the couch for him. Lest you think I jest about what I normally keep him out of, I am posting pictures as evidence to the kind of independent child I have.


This one is my favorite. I love how his chubby little fingers are shoving the cereal into his mouth. :)

I know that my mom will be laughing as she sees this, because I know her first thought will be that I deserve it after the fights my sister and I would have over clothes in the morning while she was trying to get ready for work.

The funny thing is I was not even angry, I just laughed and immediately started taking pictures of my chunk. It is hard to get mad at such a sweet face any way. :) After all he was just hungry and he did sit contently watching his show and eating his cereal while I continued getting ready. LOL! Oh well this is what you sign up for when you become a mom and honestly I wouldn't change it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing but my first thought was actually of you standing in Grandma Kip's kitchen with your pink sweatsuit on, stomping on Cheerios that you poured on the floor!

    ReplyDelete